Welcome to our school. I'm hoping that this update will give you a quick flavour of all the amazing things we get up to at our school. We work very hard and are very proud of everything we achieve. In the past few months we have:
- Introduced the Daily Mile to school to help improve pupil's wellbeing, health and concentration. They love it!
- Visited Twycross Zoo as part of the Yr34 project, watched 'Stickman' at Stamford Corn Exchange and visited Casterton College to see their Arts Extravaganza
- Yr5 have been to PGL.
- Held a Mini Soldiers day & coffee afternoon with help from St Georges Barracks to raise money for Macmillan Cancer support
- Supported Oakham food bank through our Harvest collection and assembly
- Invited parents to attend our Reading café and assembly
- Attended a massive variety of different sporting events: basketball, track cycling, table tennis, sports hall athletics, Brownlee triathlon, cross country, multi-sports.... I'm sure our Sports coach, Mr Eldred, will tell me that I've missed loads out!
- Worked with our friends across the MAT to build our Kit Car as part of our Gifted and Talented programme.
- Held 2 open days to show off our wonderful school.
This is just a small amount of what we do each week on top of providing an exciting and broad curriculum.
- Reception and EYFS have made pumpkin soup and a scarecrow; visited the forest area; watched the Stickman; made diva pots to celebrate divali plus loads more.
- KS1 have watched the Stickman; held a STEM week to explore science and technology; visited Oakham library to see Emily Sandall read her book
- Yr34 and Yr56 went wild at the zoo; represented the school at a wide variety of sports events; joined South Witham Academy for their Viking day; have participated in bikeability; had brass music lessons or recorder lessons...
Look through a selection of our photos to see more.